Airtable Smart Links Experiences

Hi,

Once, I needed in airtable a single select column with 500 options.
Of course I build a little automation with make and smart links to create this. :blush:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-02 um 08.58.02

But when I started I got the issue that it was prohibited.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-02 um 08.38.16

I have to admit that I created 2 or 3 options in the single select column manually before I started that automation.
I just deleted those options and started the automation again and … viola – it worked. :muscle:

Now, I need an automation, that adds a new option to a single select column when time goes on. (January '23, February '23 etc.)
Again, I prepared 24 options in the single select column for the next 2 years till December '24 and tested my automation with January '25 to get the error message above.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-02 um 08.57.33

So I deleted all my prepared options in the single select column, took my little automation to create those options instead and than I started the automation, that sometimes should add January '25, February '25 etc.
But unfortunately I get the error message again … :roll_eyes:

Then I tried to delete my formula and insert Januar '25 manual.
And this is not allowed … :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Do I get this issue because this automation itself hasn’t created the options in the single select column? :thinking:
Ok, then I deleted all created options in the single select column again and started the automation that should create those options sometimes …

And now … It works.
Well, so I have to create the first options this way.
But I am asking myself, if this works in the next months, too … :crazy_face:

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Best regards
Martin

This happens now all the time. All my scenarios break because all the values are prohibited

I have the same problem…

Yep, I have the same problem.
I’ve got a workaround working:

• create a record without providing select field at all
  • make Airtable API call to update the record with the new option to select field, with typecast: true

Typecast is an airtable parameter underlying “smart links” feature in make.com