[API Call Close CRM - Creating new lead] Error 404 "Empty query: Lead matching query does not exist"

Hello Make community,

I am facing an issue while trying to automate lead creation in Close CRM using Make. Whenever I try to create a new lead using a custom API call, I keep receiving the following error message: [404] Empty query: Lead matching query does not exist.

Here is some context about my automation:

1. My goal is to create a new lead in Close CRM every time a new row is added to my Google Sheets document. (Ignore the smartreach step)

2. I couldn’t use the predefined “Create Lead” step in Make because my custom fields are at the contact level, and they were not being considered by the default step. As a result, I had to use a custom API call.

I have already checked the API endpoint, HTTP method (POST), and the JSON body of my API call, but I am still unable to resolve the issue. I am seeking guidance from the community to help me understand what could be causing this error and how to fix it.

Some context about the settings can be found in Screenshot 3&4
For Screenshot 3, that value for the AUTHORIZATION Key is my api key.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

And just in case it helps, here are the close crm api docs: Leads - Close API Documentation

Best regards,
Marc

Can you please share the full request body? You can paste all the content of the Request Body in response, from my initial look the body is not correct as it if the whole body that the screenshot contains then it is not valid.

2 Likes

If that is the full body, then try removing the last comma and closing square bracket and see if that fixes the issue you are getting.

2 Likes

Hey guys,
I found the solution.
I removed Item 2 and 3 from the header.
The main problem I had was using random letters as simple data if I test ran this step. Some variables like URL needed the test data in the right formatting like xyz.com.

The problem is now solved, thanks for your help :slight_smile: