Assistance Required with 401 Unauthorized Error When Accessing Excel File

Dear Make.com community,

I am experiencing an issue with accessing an Excel file through the Microsoft 365 Excel module within my Make.com scenario, and I am consistently receiving a 401 Unauthorized error. Despite attempts to troubleshoot the problem—including verifying file permissions, re-authenticating my account, and ensuring the correct file path—the issue persists.

Here is the specific error message I receive in the Make.com scenario execution log:

[401] You do not have permissions to open this file in the browser.

Steps Taken to Resolve the Issue:

1. Checked and confirmed that the Excel file is shared with the connected Microsoft 365 account in Make.com.
  2. Re-authenticated the Microsoft 365 Excel connection in Make.com.
  3. Verified the workbook path in the module configuration.
  4. Ensured that the connected Microsoft 365 account has the necessary permissions to access the file on OneDrive.

However, the error is still occurring, and I’m unable to list the worksheets in my Excel file through the scenario. Could you please assist me in resolving this error? I would also appreciate any guidance on whether there might be additional settings or permissions that need to be configured for the Microsoft 365 Excel module to function correctly.

Please let me know if you require any further details to assist with troubleshooting this problem.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
sagi.

Hello @Sagi_Baron welcome to the Make Community :wave:

I just wanted to let you know that this issue has been reported and our development team is looking into it.

You can find the ongoing conversation about it in the following thread, where I’ll also be posting updates as soon as they come in.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience and trouble this may be causing.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. :pray:

1 Like

when you think a solution will be ?

Hello again @Sagi_Baron.

You can see the latest update here:

1 Like