Bundle containing parameters that are arrays - how to iterate around this?

Hi

I’ve done this difficult part! I get my handwritten notes OCR-ed by Google, summarised by OpenAI and OpenAI also populates a Structured Data Definition with action points. What I’m trying to do now is to take that “list” of action points, iterate over them and insert them into a Todo list using another module.

The problem is that I am dealing with a single output bundle that has 3 parameters, each parameter is an array. The parameters are taskName, dueDate and priority. I am at a loss how I can simply iterate over and insert ‘x’ number of tasks into Todoist depending on the number of array elements.

Here’s the output of OpenAI showing the data:

If I try to us an Aggregator module then it gives me an array of arrays, which is just as useless to me:

Any help would be lovely.

Thanks

Stuart

… of course, once I posted my question I managed to work out a solution. I don’t know if this is a good way of handling this, but it seems to work. Here’s what I ended up with in my scenario:

In the Iterator module I’m just iterating around ONE of the three array parameters I have:

… in the Tools - Set Multiple Variables module, I set 3 variables for taskName, dueDate and priority based on the array from the OpenAI output, and the number of the iteration we’re currently on, from the iterator. This is the part I didn’t think I could do in a Make module: it’s basically using normal code logic to retrieve an array value, like “taskName[1]”.

I then use the values set in the Set Multiple Variables module in the Todoist module to create the task.

Job done!

Stuart

2 Likes

Excellent, glad you managed to figure this one out and for sharing your solution!

2 Likes