Can 1 scenario do multiple runs at same time?

Hey, I’ve done a bit of searching but can’t find the answer to this. Maybe my search terms are bad.

I’m wondering what the best practice is to run a scenario when multiple executions are started? For example, my scenario takes about 5 minutes to run. Does the scenario have to finish processing before it starts the next execution in the queue?

If that’s the case, any suggestions on how I should think about improving this so that if I have multiple runs that need to processed they don’t have to wait for each other? Like would I need to duplicate the scenario a few times to spread the load or is there a better solution?

Hi @Jack_Randall

We have sequential/Parallel option for scenario run in make.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: simple as that? I saw that option but I didn’t think that it achieved what I was looking for.

So I’ll be able to trigger the same Scenario back to back and they’ll both start executing at the same time?

Thanks for the reply

Please try the option to see if it meets your requirements.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’re using a Webhook trigger module?

Instant = Immediately (by default)

If you are using instant webhooks, Make starts processing each request immediately as the request is received. By default, scenarios with instant webhooks are processed in parallel. Even if a previous scenario execution is still being processed (has not completed), Make does not wait for its processing to complete to begin a new execution.

If you would like to to turn off parallel processing, open the settings of your scenario and select Sequential processing. With sequential processing enabled, Make waits until the previous execution is complete before starting the next one. Also, use sequential processing when you need to process your webhook requests in the order that they came in.

For more information, see Parallel vs. sequential processing

4 Likes

Yes Webhook trigger. Thank you for the additional details. Now sure how I missed the Parallel vs. sequential documentation. All set now!

2 Likes

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

3 Likes