Changing Field Name for Variable Across ALL Scenarios

If I have a forum with a field name of {Client_Phone}, and let’s say I wanted to change this name on the forum to {Phone}, how could I do this across dozens of scenarios without messing things up?

I am not concerned with messing up the old data; I am only concerned with the following:

1. Forgetting to include this much-needed field in in scenarios where it is used in the description field of, let’s say, an email.

2. Or if the field is used within a module that preselects a value. For example, let’s say I have a module {ClientVerified}, and the predefined value assigned once this scenario runs provides a value of = YES.

You can try something like this -

Fetch all scenarios > Get blueprint JSON > Replace variable in in Blueprint’s JSON > Update scenario

3 Likes

I built out the following scenario https://us1.make.com/20559/scenarios/1451512/edit however, when I run the scenario it lists everything correctly from the specific folder that I selected.

Next, I download the blueprints and if I review the second blueprint:

"id": 504955,
        "name": "1. TDP.com (RECEIVED - New Deal) from TexasDreamProperty.com/Claim-Cash (2023)",

You will notice that the variables that I want to change I believe are hidden behind the usedPackages

"usedPackages": [
            "gateway",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "builtin",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "builtin",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "builtin",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "builtin",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "builtin",
            "follow-up-boss",
            "builtin",

How would I accomplish the following:

Search for all of the scenarios that contain a specific field from all modules within a scenario?

Once I accomplish the above how can I replace those fields?

How can I replace the fields if used within a description?

Sorry, we cannot access your organisation’s scenario, the link is not valid to everyone.

You could try uploading the exported blueprint here

1 Like

@samliew thanks for the help it looks like there is no way to do this with ease. However, the best way to update scenarios is by downloading Visual Studio Code for free and just editing the scenario directly.

From learning experience, I found that I needed to be careful to not just assume that 117. replace all would replace only the fields that I wanted replaced. Make sure if your reading this to search 117.custom and so forth before committing changing all.

Also lets say you want to search for 117. and replace it with 120 dont forget that period!