Connect Task to Project in Harvest

I’m automatically creating a Harvest task and want to add it to a project to be able to create a time entry in Harvest with specified project and task. I expect this to be possible when creating a task, due to harvests api documentation also asking for a projectID to connect to when creating the task. Project Task Assignments – Harvest API V2 Documentation
In make i cannot find an option projectID when creating a task. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

As long there isn’t a ‘assign task to project’ module, I creat a workaround by calling harvest’s http API

/v2/projects/14308069/task_assignments

to do the job.

2 Likes

Hey @Klaus_Peter_Walmeier,

I think you’re on the right track with using a custom API call to assign the task to a project. If it’s always the same project that the task needs to be assigned to, you can use the ‘list projects’ action in a separate scenario and filter though them to find the correct ID and enter it manually.

CleanShot 2022-07-26 at 09.58.57

If it’s a different project each time, you can use the same action with a filter in your current scenario and enter the ID dynamically.

If you’re creating a project in a previous step, the ID of it will usually be given in the response of that module. You may want to try to run the scenario to see if this is the case.

Hope this was helpful!

1 Like