Connecting Square and Webflow for inventory syncing

Hi there yall, a bit new to make, so bear with me. As the intro says, I’m looking to connect Square and Webflow to sync their inventory.

I have a client whom I’ve made an ecommerce website for, we would like to stick with Square though rather than switching over to stripe.

Currently for Webflow to Square I have the following:

Webflow Watch Event - Ecommerce order
|
Square Create an order

I’m not sure how right or wrong this info is, im just trying to find the right mapping feilds to connect the two properly. I dont see an area to get the skus I have. That would be the way I would think to connect the products from each software. Can this be done manually or am I just missing it?

For Square To webflow I have this:
Square watch event
(cant specify new order so I’m trying to set a filter, could use help with this too, or just turn off the scenario when updating inventory and such because that also triggers the event)
|
Currently I am trying to see if there are other options like get order or search order that will bring up the sku, but i really think i just need to be able to retrieve that Sku. I may be wrong so please do correct me if I am.

Next step would be (i think) to do an:
“Update Item Inventory” module and use the sku as the collection feild.

Again im not super experienced with these so If anyone could please help and dont be afraid to show me a better way if one exists. I have multiple clients lined up that use square for their business, so it would be great to learn to do this properly so I could copy paste it for new customers rather than using other softwares.

Thanks in advance!!!
Ryan

Welcome to the Make community!

If you do it the way shown in your screenshot, you will only be creating a single “Order items” in your Square order.

You’ll need to Iterate over each item in the Webflow cart/order, then use an Array Aggregator to be able to map all items into the “Order items” field.

Every result (item/record) from a iterator module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

The Array Aggregator module allows you to build a complex array of collections for a later module’s field to map multiple items (collections) to it.

Here is an example of using the “Target structure type” of an Array Aggregator module:

As you can see, the “Map” toggle on fields are used when you have an array. You can easily build an array variable to map to a field, by using an Array Aggregator module and select the “Target Structure Type” as the future field you want to map the array into.

2 Likes

Thank you! My client is willing to pay for expert services so I’m seeing if that’s within budget and just have him step by step teach me. but if that doesn’t work out I think this looks very promising!

The biggest trip up for me is that Square doesnt feature the sku in the results from get orders. But will be back soon (by monday or tuesday) to follow up on this!

Thank you! may God bless you

2 Likes

Hey @samliew trying to work on this today. One thing im having trouble doing it getting the SKU’s to come through for sqaure. I created a watch event for square, and linked it to an array aggregator, but SKU is not one of the options

Do you know a way of getting around this that is not code related? Thanks so much for your help. The array aggregator is a great tip thank you so much for that