Convert multiple images to pdf

Hi there, dear Makers!

I am building automation that should assemble one PDF from multiple JPGs. For this task I choose PDF.co.

Everything seemed to be very simple: GDrive “Watch Files in a folder”, aggregation of links into a single string, separated with commas, a task to PDF.co, and it worked. Just one time, and then - the same error (please look at the upper branch).

In case of this error, PDF.co recommended uploading files to their storage first, so I did and broke my head with that wall: instead of one operation with bundles (each bundle for each file), I have a separate operation for each file (and the same situation if I use “Get share link” module.

I can not understand, how to aggregate all links to uploaded files into one array to create text with those links, separated with commas.

Does anybody solved this problem? Not necesserily with PDF.co?

Thank you for your attention and help!

Have you tried CloudConvert?

2 Likes

Just tried, and it worked! Thank you. But I still can not understand why it didn’t worked in my case, because the problem was BEFORE the pdfco module:

The trigger module was giving one operation with bundles, but download module was giving separate operation per each file download, so I could not aggregate them to array. But here it works … Can you please explain why?

And moret:
1)in aggregator there is 1st module set as a source:
2) Those target structure type … Where it came from?

2 Likes

Target structure type is when you are aggregating to a future module’s field for “mapping” purposes.

Every result (item/record) from a search module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

Links

Here are some useful links and guides to help you get started and learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

Glad I could help!

In future, please create a new thread for each question. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer. Thank you for your cooperation!

The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

2 Likes

Hello Kaidano,

It seems like you’re working on automating the conversion of multiple images to PDF. Based on the error review, it appears that the files in your Google Drive folder haven’t been set with the file permission “Anyone with a link” to make them public. To resolve this issue, please set the permission of your Google Drive folder to “Anyone with a link” and then run the scenario again. By doing so, you should no longer encounter this error. For more information, please visit at the following link: API Docs

I hope this information is helpful to you. Thank you!

2 Likes