Create a 2-way Sync from Clickup to Google Sheets

Hello! I’m fairly new to make.com, and am having difficulty with a task. I want to create a two-way “sync” between Clickup (specifically task name and custom fields) and Google Sheets. I use clickup for my workflow, and our organization uses Google Sheets for tracking. I’ve managed to make a module that creates a clickup task based on a new row in google sheets, but for some reason I can’t figure out how to make custom fields show up for mapping.

Here’s specifically what I’m doing and where I’m running into trouble:

1. Create a “watch tasks” module for clickup
  2. Connect to “update a row” module in google sheets

1. Map the custom fields in one of my lists to the corresponding rows in google sheets. Here’s where I’m stuck (I still have a ways to go, I know). The custom fields aren’t showing up for selecting.

My plan next is to do the following, but I’m not sure if that will work either:

• Add another Google Sheets module: “Watch Rows”
  • Add a ClickUp “Update a Task” module
  • Map the fields from Google Sheets back to ClickUp

Any tips on the problem, or proposed next steps, or something completely different would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry to say but @bennbennett you have many loops in this set up. You are not doing correctly at all. I understand you are new to make. But concept you are building is not correct.

THe way i will build this is:

1. Use “New events” and “Get” module of clickup: It will save operations and will trigger on specific event like task created or comment created or with clickup automation or whatever you want.

2. Search, Add and update row module of google sheet: To avoid duplicates all these 3 modules will be used with filter. In row number it is asking for row number from google sheet you have mapped from clickup. (Answering to your question of how to get custom field i will suggest to give a look at make academy course that how scheduled or instant trigger works with “run once” button or have a consulting call with any consultant)

Use “choose where to start” option by right clicking module to have custom field

Post screenshot here if you get any further specific question.

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the close look. I’ll try and implement it the way you recommend.

@bennbennett Let me know with screenshots if you get stuck in between.

2 Likes