Custom Webhook / message content and signature

Hi everyone,

I need to create a custom web hook (for Discord, as advised by the support) in order to instantly receive notifications from Discord.

To receive messages, and even to perform the first connection setup, I need to perform a signature verification of the message.

This requires a SHA512/HMAC hashing of the received message to be compared with the signature received in a header.
I tried everything (changing the encoding of the message, with/without json markup, different key/hash encoding, etc. etc.) but I have never succeeded to get the same signature as the one received.
I tried so many combination (in addition to searching for solutions and using external hmac generators to compare) that I used half of my account operations, drying them out to 0 :frowning: .

So now I’m wondering:

• Has anyone performed this kind of verification with incoming payload? (found nothing about Make and Discord on this matter)
  • Do Make modifies the content (accessible in the value field when you activate the “JSON pass-through” option)?
  • What is the string encoding for the strings used inside Make scenarios?

Thank you all

I already noticed that the Custom Webhook converts the encoding of the message. The message is sent to Make as UTF8, and when I received it out of the Custom WebHook, I don’t know what it is, but not UTF8. If I convert it back, it’s already better, but the error still remain.

• Which codepage does Make transforms the messages into?
  • What other changes to Make perform to the messages?

Thanks

I still don’t get the internal codepage used by Make.

Simplest scenario I can build is:

• Just a JSON Parser module
  • input text: { “name”: “test”}

Entered like this, running the module works.

However, if the same text is received through a web request as utf-8, or even copied from a utf-8 file, the parsing fails and the issue are the spaces. Replacing the spaces directly inside make makes the validation work…