Etsy "Make an API Call" module (V3 possible?)

Hi Makers!

I have very limited knowledge when working with APIs and am hoping someone will be able to shine a light on an issue I am facing. Corrections will be very much appreciated if anything I mentioned below is incorrect.

I primarily work with Etsy modules. I manage several stores on Etsy and my understanding is that by running scenarios through Make’s modules, it utilizes their Etsy developer key for authorization so I am not required to create my own developer accounts for each store. I was also advised by a rep that by doing this through Make, it will keep the stores safe and unlinked from each other.

Etsy has two versions of their API; V2 and V3. I believe the current Etsy modules are based on their V2 API but I am not sure if it is limited to it. The V2 API is due to sunset by the end of this year so I am looking to migrate over to V3 as soon as possible.

When I tried running the Etsy API call module, I used this URL for V3, method GET:
/v3/application/buyer-taxonomy/nodes

Link as found on Etsy API doc:
https://developers.etsy.com/documentation/reference/#operation/getBuyerTaxonomyNodes

This will return an authorization error code:

The operation failed with an error. [401]: [object Object]

The error message I get found in the Integromat Chrome extension is:

“error”: “Missing x-api-key header or client_id”

In the Etsy API call module, there is a note stating “You don’t have to add authorization headers; we already did that for you.” so I am assuming this does not work for V3.

Are there any other options available that will allow me to use the V3 API on Make without needing to use my own authorization key?

Any advice or guidance will be a tremendous help, thank you kindly.

Like you, I’ve tried using the latest API V3…However, it resulted in same error message.

Though, I believe Make only, for now, is using the V2 version.
Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 9.39.43 AM
as seen below the text field.

For now V2 is able to process calls…this may change shortly.

Hi guys,

Did you get any news ? Because, on the documentation, they will end V2 at the end of the month.
So, this will not work with Integromat anymore.

I got this from customer support on February 7th:

thank you for reaching out to us.​

​I have checked with our developers’ team that we are aware of the migration from v2 to v3 and it is currently being worked on.​

​The deadline for the migration is on 31st March but the v3 version should be used in Make before that to ensure the app will continue working as necessary.​

​Once the change is done, we will notify all users of the Etsy modules just to make sure.

​Thank you for your understanding.​

Let me know should you have any further questions and do not hesitate to reach out to us for help anytime.

Kind regards,

David P.

Your Make Team

So they know about it.

2 Likes

Thank for your reply ! Good to know that they aware and working on it.
Please, update me again if you got any update or news on that :wink:

Afternoon all,

Has anyone had any update from Make with their progress on the v3 API?

Etsy v2 is officially on sunset as of the 31st of March 2023 and I’m told that any calls will fail from this date… eeek!

If anyone uses this app, it might be advisable to reach out to Make support as it will likely escalate the priority of implementation/upgrade.

I have raised a support ticket, and will reply back with their response.

Like Blaise_Parker, they replied this to me :

Thanks for your inquiry.

Our dev team is working on the V3 version and will introduce it before the deprecation.

Let me know should you have any further questions and do not hesitate to reach out to us for help anytime.

Kind regards,

So it’s good but frankly they don’t do any communication to reassure their community.
And to see what this new version will be, because we may also have our flows changed.

But no date at that point. It’ll happen in the last weeks of the month, I think.

Lasted update as of 7th March:

Our Etsy modules are based on Etsy API version 2, as you have correctly pointed out.

The development team is already aware of this issue and V3 has already begun implementation and is in the testing phase at the moment. I can’t give you an ETA right now but I hope it doesn’t take too long.

It is March 27th and I have heard nothing. Anyone else heard anything? Etsy has the new listing format live on their site and I am not sure my make module will work with it! @Michaela

Nothing yet, I emailed yesterday to chase up progress and stress the urgency. As I said before, it might be worth emailing them to escalate it. The more people that do this I’m sire it’ll go up the queue!

Hello everyone @here thanks a lot for raising this issue in the community!

I just wanted to let you know that our dev team is working on launching the new version of the app that’s compliant with the latest Etsy API. However, we still have a few things to sort out before we can roll it out, so there’s no specific ETA at this moment.

I’ll keep an eye on things and let you know as soon as I hear anything new.

Thanks a lot for your patience :pray:

Hi all @here

I’m just stepping back in here in order to bring your attention to the announcement below :arrow_down:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: