Filter not working?

Hello,
I’m trying to automate the sending of a message to Android via Make ou of my Notion DB, on a certain date, to remind me of an action to take.
I manage to make it work when I create a field e.g. “Date-x” and my Make “search object” scenario has a filter: "Date-x" /formula: checkbox - equals" = true.
However, to simplify things and avoid having to create this “Date-x” field in my DB, I’d like to use a Make filter.
So I create a “search object” without a filter, and add a filter like this: “formatDate(37. properties[].date.start; DD-MM-YYYY) = addDays(formatDate(now; DD-MM-YYYY); 30)”. Here x=30.
But it doesn’t detect anything.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @CharlyMoriaud ,

According to your screenshot, it appears that there is a mistake in your second function, you entered the “addDays” function directly with your keyboard, it should be selected using your mouse in the date/time function panel.

I hope it helps.

BR,

PBI

2 Likes

Thansk a lot, I feel stupid… :wink:
But it stills does not fetch the record where my Date.Start = 01-04-2024…
By the way I have also modified the first filter that was wrong too…

Any idea ?

I have to say that the way to introduce functions with Make can give me a headhache.

There is a logical error in the second part of your filter, there is no date such that date = date + 30 days ; in your first screenshot you used “now”, and in the last one, you do not.

3 Likes

Oh, I feel stupid 2 times…
Here’s my latest modification. Still doesn’t work, though I see that in the Notion search, it was correctly detected

Hi @CharlyMoriaud, try using {{37.Properties Value:Date.Start}} instead of {{37.Properties [ ] Date.Start}}
That is where the value is stored :slight_smile:

In addition; you have to adjust the formula for the ‘add days’:
{{formatDate(“( " + addDays(now; 30); " DD/MM/YYYY”)}}
This way you

1. Add 30 days to Today
  2. Reformat this future date to DD/MM/YYYY
4 Likes

Hum, thanks @AutoPilots, this is cool, I had never done this.
Concerning the formula, I got It !
I have it now like in the screenshot but still doesn’t pick the record where the start date is now+30days (Bundle 2).

Hi @CharlyMoriaud,

Maybe 1 thing to have a look at:

• What if you remove the FormatDate function wrapped around your Dates.Start field? As your Dates.Start is already formatted in the right way, there is no need to format it again.
2 Likes

it also looks like the correct formatting should be YYYY-MM-DD instead of DD-MM-YYYY in your filter

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

@CharlyMoriaud I’m not sure, but it seems there is a space in your formula (the upper part) before DD-MM-YYYY

1 Like

Oh my !
I removed the space, change the order for YYYY-MM-DD, and remove also the formatDate… Ouch…
The “Start” is a date field (screenshot).
It still doesn’t work but thanks a lot @PierreL et @AutoPilots for your help so far !

3 Likes

Could you please share your latest filter screenshot please?
There is no reason for a filter to fail: we’ll find out!

Did the filter work, when you just removed the space?
There are always multiple options. I think the formulas you had were fine so no need to remove them in my opinion… :slight_smile:

You mean I should go back to switch the addDays and the formatDate ?

And additional point: when you make your own format “DD-MM-YYYY” the value becomes a text value, so in that case you have to use the “text: equal to” instead of “Datetime operator: equal to”

2 Likes

remove the space (green arrow):

Keep the formulas.
Output from both fields will be a text string, so the operator should me text: equal to
Hope that works

2 Likes

One question I have anyway is why use a filter after the first Notion search module ?
Would it not be wiser to include a filter in the module ? So it picks up only the records that match the filter directly ?
This would avoid fixing an arbitrary limit (now it’s 20)…
Excuse my french… I hope you get what I’m trying to say. :wink:

Yes that makes sense, to include it in the first module

2 Likes