Find Associated HubSpot Records

Hi there,

I’m creating a scenario that triggers when a deal is won. When that happens, I want to get data about associated contacts to the deal and use that data to create Asana tasks.

What’s the easiest way to get the associated contact records to a deal?

Thank you,
Jenna

Welcome to the Make community!

Perhaps use a search module like “Search for Deals”?

Screenshot_2024-04-10_210408

2 Likes

I have the same question. The above solution will work on a schedule. But how do you make that an instannt trigger? Soon as a deal moves to “won” (which I think is Deal Status = closedwon) I want the module to fire off and casade automations into Asana, Box, Harveast, and Trello.

This is because the module is a POLLING trigger, and not an INSTANT (Webhook) trigger. If the module does not support INSTANT, you cannot select “Immediately as data arrives”.

There are two main types of triggers, Polling (scheduled), and Instant (webhooks). Polling triggers can only run on a schedule. Instant triggers can be run as soon as data is received by the webhook.

Polling means Make checks external service for changes (pull changes to Make).
Webhook (instant) triggers means external service calls Make when there are new changes (push changes to Make).

The module you are using does not push changes — it’s basically a API request that Make has to occasionally “call” to fetch the latest changes/items.

To find out more on the different types of Trigger modules, see refer to Types of Modules and Webhooks sections of the Make help center.

See if your app has an “Instant” or “Webhook” trigger in Make. If not, check if the third-party service has a feature that can send out a webhooks when content is created/updated - and then you can point it to a “Custom Webhook” trigger in your scenario.

Screenshot_2024-04-24_000418

samliewrequest private consultation

2 Likes