Format text from Calendar to Telegram

To get helpful responses

• I would like to send a reminder message on telegram group for a calendar event
  • I used the calendar and telegram modules to do that
    But I am receiving one extra text message and weirdly formatted HTML when the telegram bot posts in the channel.

This is my first scenario on Make.
I would appreciate any help in removing the first (extra message) and then prettifying my HTML message. When I try to use html parse in telegram, I get an error

Bad Request: can’t parse entities: Unsupported start tag “p” at byte offset 0

This seems like a complex scenario you’re trying to make, perhaps exporting the blueprint might help others investigate further and answer your question.

At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (119.3 KB)

If you are unable to export your blueprint, you can also take a screenshot of each module’s set-up.

3 Likes

blueprint.json (7.4 KB)

Thanks samliew@, I responded with the blueprint file in the next comment. I am seeing an error when I try to upload it with the question!

Hi Krishna, I couldn’t reproduce the second message issue, but I managed to create my own test event with HTML formatting, and run it through the module “HTML to text” and send a plain text description to the Telegram module.

Calendar:
Screenshot_2023-08-28_210833

Parse HTML description:
Screenshot_2023-08-28_210803

Send text from HTML parser module:

Telegram output:
Screenshot_2023-08-28_210841

2 Likes