Generate an array using data retrieved from the outputs of two modules

Hi everyone!

I need to create a scenario for managing tasks on Aritable.
When I click on a button within a parent task, the scenario should generate a new child task that will be linked to the parent task.
Here is my problem: when I link the newly created child task to the parent task, it overwrites the existing data (the subtasks that were previously associated with this record).

I believe I need to create a new array that contains the IDs of the subtasks that were already linked to the record, along with the ID of the newly created task.
Then, I should map this array to the ā€œLinked subtasksā€ field.

What do you think of this solution, and do you have any ideas on how to implement it?

Yeah you are correct, here is an example:

In your case you would do something like this: duplicate(add(Sous-taches?;{Child_Record_ID}))

So in the field your updating, select the ā€˜manual mapā€™ option, then use the array from your ā€˜Get Parent Taskā€™ module, then add your new record ID, and finally deduplicate this array.

4 Likes

Hi @ADOS_voyages

To include the newly created item with all the existing ones, I suggest utilizing the text aggregator with a split function.

After the ā€œget parent taskā€ step, insert an iterator and employ the text aggregator to combine

Use the add function within the ā€œupdate recordā€ step along with the split function.

If you require additional assistance, please donā€™t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

Thank you so much ! Iā€™m giving it a try today and will let you know right away if it worked.

Thanks a lot for checking it out. Iā€™m giving it a shot today, and Iā€™ll let you know right away if it worked.