Generate PDF documents in Make with DocuGenerate

Hey Makers!

This is our first post on the Make community and we wanted to say hi and introduce the new DocuGenerate app for PDF generation. The app is available in the Files & Documents and PDF categories.

With DocuGenerate, you can effortlessly generate PDF documents like invoices, letters, contracts, and more. Simply upload your Word template, provide the data in JSON format, and voilà! DocuGenerate does the heavy lifting for you, leaving you more time to focus on your project.

Check out DocuGenerate’s integration page on Make and visit our website for more info. We’d love to hear your thoughts or answer any questions you have.

Thank you all,
The DocuGenerate Team

Welcome to the Make community!

I think Google Docs/Sheets “Create a Document from a Template” and then Downloading as PDF does the same thing, but free.

Could you enlighten us with examples where your app would be a better use-case?

3 Likes

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for the welcome message and for your question! I agree that you can do simple document generation with Google Docs, but it only allows to do tags replacement.

With DocuGenerate you can add conditions for including or not certain sections in the generated documents. You can also add lists and tables, even on multiple levels. It’s also possible to use different filters to format data, like numbers formatting or date formatting.

There’s also the option to receive the generated document in binary format, so it’s not saved anywhere on the cloud. This approach is especially advantageous for privacy reasons.

And finally we support generating documents in batch, if you want to generate a document for each row in a spreadsheet for example. There’s the option to combine the generated documents into a single file or generate separate documents for each data item, grouped in a zip archive.

I hope this give you a better idea of what more you can do with DocuGenerate :slight_smile: Let me know if you have other questions, I’d be happy to answer them!

Best,

2 Likes