Get text value from Airtable array?

Apologies, I am sure variations on this have been asked a million times, but I’ve searched and cannot find a solution that seems to fit my situation.

I currently am building a setup which:

• Watches for Airtable records in a particular filtered view
  • Pulls 3 pieces of data - client name, project reference and project revenue
  • Then I’ve got a filter which is going to look at the value of client name and based on “if contains” branches off to create tasks in Freeagent under different projects by client.

My issue is with the client name field from Airtable because this comes through as an Array (it’s a single-select from pre-defined list field in Airtable, whereas the other two are text / number).

This is what it looks like in the Get Multiple Variables tool:

I cannot figure out what function or tool I need to use to be able to take the result from that field and turn it into useable text that the subsequent steps can look at. I don’t really know why the value shown next to the [1] is a random string and not the actual client name.

Is there a better way of doing this? I should note I haven’t got this flow successfully working in full yet.

This is the overall flow:

Hi @Nicole_Hawkesford
First you don’t have to use get variable module its something to get a variable you have set somewhere in scenario.
So, see Client is a reference field which is coming from another table so use get a record module from airtable and use the client value there to get a client details where it will give you name.

Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry, I should have clarified that I want to only fetch all new records added to a view since the last time the process ran - so for that I think Watch Records is the only option, isn’t it?
I don’t see how I can incorporate Get Record from that.

After the watch module use get a record and then set the base to where the record is on table for a client and then use this value in a record ID

3 Likes