Getting only 1 random object from all my RSS

Hello guys,

I know it will probably be easy but I’m very new to Make.com.
I’m using the connector RSS and Math but probably in the wrong way.

I want to get all the articles from a website with the RSS connector.

But, after let’s imagine there are 14 articles I want to take 1 random object (and only one) to publish it to Telegram. My problem is I don’t know how to limit to only one object.

It’s probably in the filter part or maybe I need to use the Math connector. But I wasn’t able to do this correctly until now.

Thank you for any hint.

@akril78 :raised_hands:

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re having trouble using the RSS and Math connectors. Could you please provide a bit more detail about what you’re trying to do? That way, our community members can better help you. Stay tuned for their responses!

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

You could use an array aggregator after the RSS feed shape as shown in the screenshot. Then the list of feeds items will be in an array. Your next step uses a set variable and then you can generate a random number using the max of the range as the array length. This way the generated random number you could use to get the particular array entry info to use as your random RSS feed item.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your help!! I was able to do it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like