Google Authentication issue: Status Code Error 400

Hi guys,
I have a scenario which i search for a random file on google drive on a specific folder every 7h and do some other actions with this file. it works fine for like 1 or 2 days but after it shows me an error:Status Code Error: 400 and my google drive connection disconnect.

Is anyone here can help with that. Thanks

3 Likes

I have the same problem. Every 2 days I recieve this email:

Failed to verify connection ‘My Google Restricted connection’. Status Code Error: 400

Then I have to verify the account in Make every 2 days… I’ve tried to verify the account through a make scenario but it can’t be done…

Does anybody know how to, at leas, increase the time that We have to verify the account?

Thank you very much

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem, anyone found a solution?

1 Like

Exactly same over here!

Every 2/3 days my scenario breaks because of that motivate. It is quite frustrating. Any fix we could apply to solve it?

1 Like

Hey @Itay @Saza @D_Leon @My_Cute_Cub ,

If you are using a paid gSuit / google workspace account you can connect to it easily by using oAuth2. However, if you are using a gmail account there are some more actions you have to take before it works properly.
Please read this document thoroughly: https://www.make.com/en/help/connections/connecting-google-services-using-a-custom-oauth-client

Hope this helps!
~Bjorn

Addtional edit 14 June 2023 from post below:

@Drivn.agency
I did all of that actions but it still disconnects every 2 days. I don’t have a paid G Suit account.

2 Likes

So you are now using a client ID and secret instead of oAuth2? @Mikolaj

hello @Bjorn.drivn , Im using client ID and secret as is shown in the tutorial you sent and doesn’t work

1 Like

I see that the issue is older than my account,
please any fixes for this issue?
I did exactly what the make tutorial sais and followed all the instructions but it keeps losing connection every 2 to 3 days, it’s so random that it’s impossible to track,
please help

2 Likes

Let me look into this again @Houssam and come back to you.
Can you give more details, like:

• What kind of app would you like to use (drive, gmail etc.) ?
  • Which scopes did you provide ?
  • When did you start seeing this issue?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @Houssam , @D_Leon , @Mikolaj, @Itay, @Saza , @My_Cute_Cub here is what I figured out while testing a Google Connection without a paid gWorkspace account.

! Please keep in mind that I would always recommend using a paid gWorkspace account if you are using the Google API intensively inside a company environment. There will always be more restrictions/limitations on (free) gmail accounts.

I have ran 2 seperated projects calling a Google Drive API for multiple days to test out my hypothesis. After 7 days my hypothesis was confirmed and might help you. These are the following accounts/projects I tested:

1. A gmail account with a project which was in “Testing” status.
  2. A gmail account with a project which was in “Production” status.

I’ve ran both tests 1x per day, creating a google drive folder and deleting it again:

After 7 days the “testing” project got verification issues with gDrive. This would confirm my hypothesis that “testing” projects will have their refresh token expired after 7 days.

Here are the differences and how you can fix this yourself (please read the text below the images for the full picture & “solution”):

Testing project

Production project

Within your Google Cloud console publish the project

The google cloud console can be found here. Then you have to go to “API & Services” and open the “oAuth consent screen”.

After publishing it will state it requires verification. This however is not required and it seems to work without verification for a long period.

What was not tested but might be affecting this case:

• We did not test out the possibility of loosing a connection when you are not running the google API recurrently. Our test had the API calls being made daily.
  • We did not test this out for a long period of time. This was only just longer than a week. It might be that the Google API will still loose connection after a certain period.

Please test this out and let us know how it goes. If this solved your issue feel free to “heart” this answer so we know you got it solved :smiley:

7 Likes

Hey everyone, I realized that even using a paid Google Workspace the reauthorization happens. What fixed it for me was going to https://admin.google.com/ac/security/reauth/admin-tools and turn off the authorization requests.

5 Likes

Thanks for flagging this! I was starting to lose hope. I had done all the gymnastics in GCP to leave OAuth without expiration.

I followed your suggestion. Let’s see if tomorrow it works :slight_smile:

And, how is it working now @FKrauss ?

2 Likes

It did! I even shared it with the support team, since they didn’t know how to fix this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to try this, as re-authenticating my Google connection every week has been a big hassle, however it seems that it says my Google account won’t let me go to this admin.google.com page.

Can someone help me determine which level of google account exactly is needed to access this setting? It is not available in the https://console.cloud.google.com/ interface? I searched around there but couldn’t find it.

Signing up for a Google Workspace seems to be a hassle and also involves payments, which I would rather avoid if possible. I just have an ordinary Google account (with paid Google One plan for Drive).

• Is there a way to change this reauthentication to “never” on a normal account
• If not, what is the minimum account needed for me to access this setting?

Thanks very much for any help

1 Like

@AttachmentRepair If you have a paid gWorkspace account, then you follow my and @Pedro_Marzagao his documentation. You need an admin account for this.

If you have a free account, you will not have an admin interface. So you just follow the steps I have given above inside of the Google Console.

3 Likes

Hi thanks for the prompt reply. I’ve followed the steps in the Google Console so hopefully that works. My post was just to double-confirm that the “re-authorization” setting wasn’t possible for non paid gWorkspace accounts (because of the possible verification issue), and so you have confirmed it now. Thanks