Google docs replacement of links

Hi folks,
I want to create copies of a google doc and then replace the value of a link URL that is embedded behind some text. If i were working in HTML it would look like — opening a tag href=“linkURL”>link text<closing a tag.

I am able to use the make.com replace module to change the link text but I cannot access linkURL.

I have tried using the create doc from template module using the replace tags capability but google doen’t allow you to enter a {{tag}} in the url field of the template so its a non starter.

I did play with the Get doc module and can identify in the JSON a link object, part of a textStyle object, but I was unable to create a solution to modify that value and then create a new doc from that. Or maybe I am missing something.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thx Ian

Please check the Make Function {{encodeURL()}}

Help link

3 Likes

Thx for taking the time to respond Rafael. Could you explain how that will help?

Welcome to the Make community!

Could you please share screenshots of the module fields, filters, and output bundles in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can also export the blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (123.4 KB)

2 Likes

Hi buddy, i am not at that stage yet, just experimenting and looking for potential solutions. The key question is how can one use make.com to modify a link in a google doc. Cheers Ian

Encoding the URL will help to replace the value in the template using {{URLvalue}}

in your Scenario set the url value enconded like this: encodeURL(URLvalue)

2 Likes