Google Sheets - Watch Changes row selection

I have a scenario where I have the Google Sheets “Watch Changes” module.
How do we know where in the GS it will check (ie the latest row)?
If I delete everything in the GS and start again from row 2 (row 1 is the header) it does not trigger the scenario as it’s waiting for the next raw from before to be updated.

For example in GS I had 15 rows completed. The webhook is waiting for row 16 to be inserted.

If I delete all 15 rows and insert into row 2 it will not start until something is input into row 16.

Is there a way to clear the memory in GS or Make so it will watch any row that is updated?

I know there is for the “Watch New Rows” module to “choose where to start” in the module’s settings, but I need an instant module. Not one that is on a timer.

Thanks

You can “reset” the module by choosing where to start.

Right-click the module, select “Choose where to start”, select “Choose manually”, and select the first record to continue processing from.

If you’ve just cleared all the rows from the spreadsheet, the “All” option may be more suitable.

When using the “Watch new rows” trigger module, I recommend that you delete all unused/blank rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet first before doing the above. To do this, you can select your first empty row (16), then press CTRL SHIFT DOWN, right-click the selection and click “Delete Rows”.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply Sam.
You are showing a solution using “Watch New Rows”, however I want to have the scenario run instantly and therefore i am using the “Watch Changes” module which does not have this option.

SCR-20231121-lvag

Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 1.09.21 pm

The Watch Changes module requires the Sheets Add-On installed on the sheet. (the description below it)

Can you verify that this has been set up correctly?

Instructions can be found here: Google Sheets “Connecting Instant Triggers”

If you’ve set this up correctly, then it’s likely that it’s a bug with the add-on.

For quicker assistance with such bugs and technical problems, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

Hope you can share the resolution with us if you manage to solve this problem!

2 Likes

Thanks Sam. Ive reached out to Customer Support. Will let you know the outcome.

2 Likes