How to add a new row to a Microsoft 365 worksheet saved in Sharepoint

Hi there Make community,

I have a survey 123 set up and want to add a new row to a Microsoft 365 spreadsheet every time a record is submitted. This was easy enough to set up with Google Sheets. I used the template. I have also started using the S123 and Microsoft 365 add a row to a worksheet spreadsheet, but then got stuck because the spreadsheet is in Sharepoint.

I’ve got a Microsoft 365 business login. I can see the excel document I have in My Drive, but I can’t figure out how to save/access it in Sharepoint.

Some questions I have:

1. Should I be using Microsoft 365 Excel or Sharepoint to access/write into the spreadsheet or both?

2. In the Microsoft 365 Excel app what is Site’s Drive and Group Drive?

3. Where do I find my Group or Site ID?

4. Why am I getting this error?

Some extra info.

The Excel spreadsheet is in a secure channel which I have access to. That secure channel sits within a team.

Can Make only write into Microsoft 365 Excel spreadsheets that are created in Microsoft 365? Not in desktop excel? Does it have to be a certain file format?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @Lindsay ,

As far as I know, this limitation seems to be coming from “Sharepoint” since Microsoft does not allow files stored in SharePoint to be accessed by external services, which is what is happening here.

I’d suggest having the file on a cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive.

2 Likes