How to add location of Instagram post

Hello,
I am a free user and tried to do Instagram post, the scenario for posting to Instagram works fine, I want to fill the location part of the post, which so far has not been successful, I have set a column on Google sheet for location ID, found the ID of the locations I want to use, New York: c2490299, and Los Angeles: c2420379, put one of this number in the corresponding column of sheet, and on the module of Instagram in my Scenario, made sure that set the correct column for location ID, but when scenario runs I get this error: (#100) Param location_id is not a valid location page ID (100, OAuthException), I am not sure how to correct this problem, or how to use the location section of the Instagram Module, anyone can help me on this? thanks

Could you show us how you are mapping the location variable, and a screenshot of the error message?

2 Likes

thank you for your reply, here are the images:

Next time, could you upload images directly onto this forum, so that we don’t have to visit an external site.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

Based on your error message,

It looks like 9.Location contains something that Instagram wasn’t expecting. You’ll need to check what that variable contains and whether it matches the Instagram API.

If you need further assistance, please provide the following:

1. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

2. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the module [9] by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

thank you for your reply,
here is the Blueprint and the output bundle of the module [9] is null;

[ null ]

blueprint.json (36.0 KB)

If the output bundle is null, then you shouldn’t be calling the Instagram module at all.

You can add a filter to stop the scenario if there are no results (bundles) coming from module [9].

Screenshot_2024-02-13_150243 (2)

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply,
if I just remove the location part from module 10, as it was before, the post will be done without having a location to it.
I am not sure adding a filter solves any problem, while the output of the bundle is null.
so, the question is how can I post having a location to it the correct way?
after all, there is a section for “Location ID” in module 10, what is that for? something else perhaps?
I could not find any instructions on make.com on how to use this feature.
thanks.

In the location ID field, you need to input a page ID. And when you include a Page’s ID when publishing an image or video, it will be tagged with the location associated with that Page.

You can use the Pages Search API, be sure to include the location field in your query, to search for Pages whose names match a search string. Then, parse the results to identify any Pages that have been created for a physical location.

To be eligible for tagging, a Page must have latitude and longitude location data.

Verify that the Page you want to use has latitude and longitude data in the response. Attempting to create a container using a Page that has no location data will fail with coded exception INSTAGRAM_PLATFORM_API__INVALID_LOCATION_ID.

Once you have the Page ID, assign it to the location_id parameter when publishing single media or carousel item containers.

Follow the graph API doc for detail: Content Publishing - Instagram Platform - Documentation - Meta for Developers

2 Likes