How to best test webhook?

hello Commuity,
When i want to test webhooks. I want to avoit triggering it every time from “outside”. how can i can I do it that i have a fixed input for testing purpose? Can i take and I take one “shot” ? Do i take the input bundle? Do i take the szenario input? Is there a tutorial for it?

Hi @ThorstenO
What I would suggest is to create a new scenario having only one HTTP module. This HTTP module would send the data to the webhook.
As such running the above newly created scenario would allow you to test out your webhook.

2 Likes

Alternatively, you can use an external program. I’m using Postman.

They have a webapp you can use in your browser, and desktop apps you can download to your computer.

Screenshot_2023-11-24_211101

To download a sample input bundle JSON from a previous execution, you can view the scenario execution history, and click the white speech bubble on the top-right of the Webhook trigger module, click on the “Download Input Bundles” link, and copy the JSON.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025
(reusing this screenshot – just click the “Download Input Bundles” link instead of the underlined one)

2 Likes

So i Take the Bundle and put it in Postman? Ok that is much mode handy than triggering an external flow. But there is no solution to do that IN the workflow itself so i can just run it?

Hi @ThorstenO,

The way to do this within the scenario by using the play button is using the output from a Webhook module in a Parse JSON module.

Your Parse JSON module would act in place of the Webhook module while you’re developing. When it’s time to switch over back to Webhook you’ll need to Remap Sources using the Integromat Dev Tools extension. Remapping basically changes all references to the Parse JSON module to reference Webhook module instead, or vice versa, depending on which you’re wanting to use.

6 Likes