How to bundle multiple data output form HTTP GET

To get helpful responses

• explain your goal I am trying to retreive top headlines from news.api. I use HTTP API Key authentification. I have managed to get the expected results. However I get multiple articles as outputs from the HTTP function.
  • mention any steps you’ve tried I am triying to bundle all those article in one raw by selecting the headers I would like to filter (title and descriptio of each article) then send them to a record on Airtable.

Include screenshots of

When I run the automation I can only filter the first article but I want to et all article output from the HTTP function, to be able to bundle them and send them to a record in Airtable (or multiple records). The problem is that I can only see the first article found by the HTTP function and cann’t retreive all articles. What function shall I use to extract all the selected headers from HTTP ?

• any error messages you are getting : no error message, but I want to make some kind of loop that retreived article number 1 and/or number 2. the main idea is to create a newsletter out of those outputs.

You already have the data in an array.

To map items from an array into a single cell, you can either Iterate and then Aggregate to Text.

For more information, see

Every result (item/record) from a search/match module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module. The next popular aggregator is the Text Aggregator which is very flexible and has applies to many use-cases.

There are other types of aggregator modules, click the below links to find out more:

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

2 Likes

Thank you Samliew for the reactiveness. I apreciate that. all understood but I still did not get what I want. So the idea is the retreive few articles from an HTTP get(which works), then get them injected into Airtable (new raw per article, each raw has an information to be pushed). In black you can see the items I would like to send to each specific airtable column. In red, I would like to get that second article going also to a second raw in airtable. Basically, whatever I did, I only managed to push the first article to the right fields in airtable. the aim is to get the second, thrid, fourth article.
Can you suggest a complete scenario please (all necessary blocks and specific config), rom HTTP get to Airtable ? Please see what structure of output I get out of the HTTP GET. Thank you so much :

Good News Samliew, I have managed to acheive what I wanted through aggregators. it took me many testing but the result is good. thank you very much. The only think now is to make sure, after every RUN I erase the existing raws and replace them by the new updated data, which I will try to find out right now. Thank you

to close this topic Samliew, please help me finding this feature : after every RUN I would like to push the data in the same raws as previous (in airtable) and not create new ones. Thank you

You are using the Airtable “Create a Record” module, which creates new records.

What module do you think you should be using instead?

Screenshot_2024-03-18_090347

2 Likes

Thank you. I tried to use the update a Record by its ID. but what the ID should be? I see limited options? is it the ID of the incoming data to Airtable module or an ID out of the Airtable module itself ? Do you have some documentation on how to use the airtable update a record by its ID ? Thank you

Perhaps these modules?

Screenshot_2024-03-22_100356 Screenshot_2024-03-22_000340

Screenshot_2024-03-22_100309

For more information, see https://www.make.com/en/help/app/airtable

2 Likes

Hi @amine1 ,
It should be the airtable record Id, and you can fetch id first by searching the record on airtable. So you can use search module, use can search by link coloum or an coloum which you think is unique from your incoming data, then use router to do update record if it found it which mean total number of bundle not equal to 0,
If not then create a record on airtable.

2 Likes