How to complete validation of step while missing some variables? (Google Calendar Attendees)

I have a Google Calendar Create Event step where I am intending to invite up to three attendees (if they happened to exist, based on an earlier step), in addition to creating the event.

If the attendees don’t exist, the calendar event should still be created, just without any attendees. Is there an easy way I can allow this step to complete, even if the attendees emails are left out?

Right now it appears the whole step fails with:

• type
    BundleValidationError
  • detail
    Missing value of required parameter ‘email’."

Ideally, I’d like for everything to “Continue” and just not have any attendees invited if not found. I’d rather not create a bunch of duplicate steps using a ‘filter’ in-between, since this would make my Scenario rather unmanageable.

For reference, in Zapier, which I am migrating from, the Google Calendar steps continue regardless of whether the attendees email exists, the only difference is whether the attendee gets added/invited (should they exist).

Hi @mgbernier

If you want to avoid invite without email you can use filter option.

If the issue still persists, please make a loom or contact us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

I don’t want to avoid invite without email, I just want to avoid the scenario breaking. Google calendar will know not to send any invites if none exist.

Sometimes there will be an email and sometimes there wont. Due to a number of complex steps after this one, I’d prefer not to create several branches based on a filter, but rather allow it to go through as blank/not used if there is no email found. Is there a way to do this?

Hi @mgbernier

I didn’t fully grasp your issue, but it seems you want to prevent this error from occurring. Please attempt to use an ignore error handler that can ignore it.

FYI I solved my issue. For others looking to do the same:

Either A) Create a separate branch with filters determining if it should continue on one side or not given the email value existing or not.
or
B) Using an empty string variable with if/or function to so that whether there is an email or not, the step continues.

Hello @mgbernier :wave:

I just wanted to quickly step in to say great work figuring this one out :clap:

Also, thanks a lot for taking the time to come back and share your final setup with the community. This is super valuable stuff :pray:

FYI: I marked your last comment as a solution in order to keep the community organized and easy to look for answers :white_check_mark:

1 Like