HOW to create multiple records from multiple outputs from API call into Airtable Base

Hello everyone,

I need assistance with an issue I’m facing in my Make scenario. My goal is to import every entry from the 20 outputs of my API call into Airtable and create a new record in Airtable for each output.

Problem: Currently, my scenario only imports the first output of the API call, which means only the first company (INTRANAV) is created as a record in Airtable. However, my aim is to have each of the 20 companies as a separate record in Airtable. After running the scenario, there should be 20 new records in Airtable, each with the respective information as presented in the API responses.

Steps Taken So Far:

1. I have set up an API call that yields 20 outputs (see screenshot screen_1).
  2. The structure of a single output is shown in screenshot screen_11.
  3. My aim is to import this data into Airtable as shown in screenshot screen_2.

Issue: I am struggling to configure Make to process all 20 outputs of the API call, not just the first one. It seems that only the first record is being imported.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidance on how to adjust my scenario so that all 20 companies appear in Airtable as separate records.

Attachments:

• Screenshot of the scenario setup
  • Screenshot of module configurations and outputs
  • Screenshot of the output being imported into Airtable
  • Any other relevant screenshots or information

Thank you in advance for your help!

screen_11

Hey @jana.beier

I think you should iterate your output bundle and map it into Airtable.

2 Likes

I’m using make the first time. so i’m not familiar to iteration at all. Can you explain me, where to put the iterator? and which item i have to choose for iteration?

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot_2024-01-25_140150

I highly recommend going through the Make Academy. Make is easy to use only if you know the basics first.

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

2 Likes

@jana.beier

You are doing well; you just need to map your items (coming from the HTTP module) in an iterator, and you will separate bundles

Like this

1 Like

i tried to set it up like this.

but dont know exactly how to move on with it.

i can only see bundle or positions 1
or numer of bundles.

in the make academy they work with a router a an additional text aggregator.

do i have to use ist here too?

thanks a lot for your help!!!

You’ll need to run the full scenario, you shouldn’t be running just a single iterator.

2 Likes

is my set up for the create airtable module right?

now i get two records with connnection connection …

i did run it completly.

the output from the iterator :

Remove the variables from [2]. You are already iterating the array, there is no need to map the actual array any longer.

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

2 Likes