How to send url to Apify

Hi makers,

I would like to ask you for help. I’m tunning my bot and I’m trying to connect Make to Apify bot. I would like to send url from Make. It should be done by methods GET and POST as I undestand it correctly but my knowledge is limited, I am not a coder… I don’t know what to add to Task, if I overrided it correctly and what should I add to payload in Apify task to send there “Alternate URL”

Tomas

Turn off the Map toggle to search for existing Tasks.

3 Likes

I used module Run a Task and there is an option to choose task what i want to run so I pick task, I added random url in task in Apify

“startUrls”: [
{
“url”: “https://www.example.com”,
“method”: “GET”
}
],
(because it won’t let me to continue if there is not valid url in field) but when I run scenarion it always stop at run the task with:

The operation was completed with a warning. Function ‘if’ finished with error! Function ‘validateInputJSON’ finished with error! Please check that your input is a valid JSON."

So this JSON is not working for me. I need somehow send url from this “Alternate URL” into “Start Urls” in Apify task field…

After this I tried to add Get Dataset module. I think with this I can get result of the task and then parse text with parser.

Yes, your JSON is also invalid, there is an extra comma at the end just before the last bracket.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, I will try different options… it constantly continues to the next module even Apify bot has not finished work yet. Then I got a RAM error with a recommendation to upgrade the plan :smiley: