How to set up a filter for a module - but keep going to the next module if the condition isn't met

A question as a new user with Make - I set up a conditional filter on a Trello module (which works well), but is there a way to have the scenario keep going on to the next module if the filter condition is not met?

Hello Hel_Atkins,

It sounds like you’re having an issue with filters and routers. ( It’s possible that I’m misunderstanding your question)

Let’s say I have one Trello module that returns some JSON data. That JSON data has a field with the key of “myData” and a value of true or false. If myData is true, I want to send an email, if it’s false I want log a value into a google sheet.

I can achieve this behaviour using a router and two filters. If myData is true, only the first route will run. If myData is false, only the second will run.

3 Likes

Hey @IOA_Brett - thanks for helping!

Actually, my question is a bit more rudimentary that using a router (I believe). It really comes down to having a module do its function (add a checklist item in Trello) if a certain condition is met (in this case, looking for a value). After that, I’d like for the scenario to keep going to the next module whether or not that condition is met.

I understand, sorry about my confusion. The module following your trello module should run regardless of what happens in the trello module. An exception would be if the trello module Errors. In that case, you can left click the trello module, and add an error handler. Adding the “Ignore” error handler to your trello module should get you what you’re looking for. (The modules following the trello module will run regardless of what happens in trello.

2 Likes

Ah - gotcha @IOA_Brett . And any “confusion” is really coming from me not using the best terminology.

I’m not concerned with what happens in the Trello module - I just want the scenario to do the step in the Module (when the condition is met), and then continue on to the next module whether or not the condition of the filter is met (instead of stopping the scenario when the filter condition is not met).

Module 1 - Get custom field value in Trello

Module 2 - If the custom field value exists (that’s the filter), add this checklist item in Trello

Module 3 - Do the next thing (whether or not the condition for Module 2 was met or not)

Module 4 - Do the next thing

Maybe the best way to put it is that I’m trying to put a condition on whether or not to do the step in Module 2, but keep on with scenario regardless.

1 Like

Hello,

I am having the same issue. @IOA_Brett

I want to filter out Email #1 (red) from array, and process Email #2 (green). However, it stops the whole process after processing Email #1. What gives? I tried it without the array aggregator (just filtering directly from the Google Calendar module) and the same thing happens - operation still stops.

Note: Due to the random arrangement of arrays, sometimes Email #2 appears before Email #1, in which case the operation is successful. It’s when Email #1 appears first that the operation stops.

@mwh Welcome to the Make community!

That looks like a new question, could you please create a separate topic for this?

While it’s tempting to hop onto an existing thread, a more effective approach would be to start a new topic just for your question. Why? It helps community experts find and respond to your query quicker, and keeps our space organised for everyone. If you start a new conversation you are also more likely to get help from other users. Thank you for understanding and keeping our community neat and tidy.

Let’s click that “New Topic” link in the top-right of the header and submit your question there!

Screenshot_2023-12-19_091207