I cannot directly read or access files uploaded outside of the `myfiles_browser` tool

I successfully was uploading pdf’s to open Ai via dropbox and having the results of my prompt fill in a SmartSuite. Now I am getting the following response from OpenAi.

I cannot directly read or access files uploaded outside of the myfiles_browser tool.

I am thinking that as the pdf reading is experimental the API is going up and down.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Latest Response:
I got it to run twice with the desired response now I am getting this:

I apologize, but it seems that the file you have provided is not accessible through the myfiles_browser tool. This might be due to a technical issue or restriction on the file. If possible, please re-upload the file or ensure that it’s accessible for the tool so that I can assist you with the information you’ve requested.

I am running the same files over and over trying to get a consistent response…

Another response same prompt:

Since the file is not accessible with the myfiles_browser tool, I’m unable to read the PDF and provide the requested metadata. If you can upload the file again or provide a different format that is compatible with the tool, I’d be happy to assist you.

Welcome to the Make community!

The error message “myfiles_browser tool is not operational for these files” seems to be an ongoing issue on OpenAI, so you should contact OpenAI for support.

Take a look at this related posts:

Here are some possible workarounds:

• enable the “Code Interpreter” tool
  • just upload one file from the start, then keep adding one file at a time
2 Likes

hello I was wondering if you knew how to set up the Ai to read the files from the URLS

what does the Myfiles_browser tool do?

I have no idea. Probably best to contact OpenAI support like I suggested.

1 Like