Instagram content commenting automated comment bot issue

I’ve been playing around with make to create various things. I created an automated comment bot for instagram posts based on the documentation. When I tested it with run once, it worked fine. But when I run publish, it doesn’t respond to subsequent comments. What did I do wrong?

In addition, the scenario I referenced uses ignore as the last module. I’m wondering how you got this template to work since I don’t have the ignore option at the end. And I’m not sure what the use of this ignore is.

Please help

Welcome to the Make community!

The scenario only continues from the first module only when new MEDIA has been posted, and only processes that new MEDIA, not new COMMENTS.

There is no “Watch Comments” module.

Make doesn’t have a module for this particular endpoint.

If the external service allows you to register webhooks, then you can create a trigger to wait for incoming webhook requests in Make using the generic Webhook “Custom webhook” module.

You can also suggest for it to be made in the Idea exchange. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

If you need assistance in setting up the app’s universal module, or the generic HTTP module, please provide additional information about what you have tried with regards to the external service’s Developer API Reference – how you are setting the connection up, a link to the endpoint are you trying to connect to, and what errors you are encountering.

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve posted a question to the community and I’m so grateful. I’ve learned so much thanks to your kind responses. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

Feature Requests & Suggestions

2 Likes