I used the "Auto reply for new comments in Instagram" template and it triggered 78 times for 1 comment. Trying to understand why

I’m trying to understand why my solution triggered and ran so many times.

Problem

Using this template: https://us1.make.com/templates/4925-auto-reply-for-new-comments-in-instagram (and I added a ChatGPT completion)

My solution triggered once and ran 78 times until it errored out. It responded to a single comment 78 times. It consumed 228 operations on a single comment.

Screenshots

Run history:

Error:

When a new comment triggers your “Watch Events” scenario, the “Create a Reply” also triggers your scenario again as a new comment is also an Event. You’ll need to add a filter immediately after the trigger module to filter out the self-author ID so it won’t reply to itself recursively.

If you need further assistance, please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

3 Likes

That is so silly but makes perfect sense from a computer logic perspective!

I feel like that the Template I linked needs to be updated to reflect this.

Thank you so much for helping me understand.

2 Likes

bundle.json (806 Bytes)
Here is my output. How do I set up the filter ?

Thank you!

@Bogdan Welcome to the Make community!

In future, please create a new thread for each question. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer, and for you to get the answers you need, since new threads have a different notification channel, and solved threads may be ignored by others. Thank you for your cooperation!

2 Likes