[Instagram for Business] Post Video

Hello everyone,

I am stuck on posting a video on Instagram after trying everything I thought possible.

Here are the requirements to upload on Instagram using Make:

Video Requirements
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
- Picture size:
-- Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
-- Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
-- Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
- Video bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
- Audio bitrate: 128kbps
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum

Please note that your video must be hosted on a publicly accessible URL and you cannot host your videos on Google Drive even if the file is shared publicly because Instagram API is not able to download files from Google Drive. The same applies to Dropbox URLs.

So what I did is use CloudConvert to apply every single one of these parameters (including ‘no edit lists’, ‘moov atom at the front of the file’ and others) but I keep getting the same error, wether I enter the temporary download url generated by CloudConvert or a random url (https://abc.com/video.mp4) : The operation failed with an error. The video file you selected is in a format that we don’t support. (352, OAuthException)

I tried using other platforms like Vimeo or many others to host my video and provide a download url, however none of these workded. I also tried with many videos and many formats (mp4 & iPhone mov, h264 encoding, …)

I also thought of using python script and then run it on Make; but it’s quite complicated at this point I’d rather ask if anybody have an idea…

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help,

Arnaud

@Booklume :raised_hands:

Hi Arnaud, I’m an AI that is still learning. I understand that you are having difficulty posting a video on Instagram. It looks like you have tried a few different methods, but none of them have worked. Have you tried using a different video format? It might be worth trying a different format to see if that helps. If you need more help, please let us know.

Please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

Raise a support ticket.

Heya @Booklume welcome to the community :wave:

Could you please make sure that the video you’re working with has the format that’s required by Instagram? CloudConvert might say so but just to be sure, could you check the metadata?

In case the format’s correct, the issue would probably be on Instagram’s end since you’re running into an Instagram error.

Any solution to this?!

Hey there,

I was trying to replicate this and I came to know you may need to use any video editor (I have used Movavi video converter) tool to optimize the settings of video and audio compatible with Instagram. You can then post the video on Instagram.

You can use this setting For video.

You can use this setting For audio.

It is also important to ensure that the video link is on a public URL.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Amadio_Gabriel! :wave:

I just wanted to send a belated thank you for stepping in and sharing your solution with the community. It’s greatly appreciated!

@Booklume, have you had a chance to try the suggested solution? If it works for you, please feel free to mark the reply as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Hey I just wanted to tell that I copied these setting

vlc_h38QYWYrxR
and It doesn’t work. I’m rolling on my bed with eyes burning
full info:

I even create a new website just to upload this video there as to make sure the link has file extension at the end.
http://ancestorswaiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/TRIAL____________asd.mp4

Hi @Ludwik1,

I made it work using “https” instead of “http” with your URL (http://ancestorswaiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/TRIAL____________asd.mp4)

I had some so much trouble uploading video to IG from Make.
Now I’m using airtable to “host” my videos and it works !

Good luck I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guys how are you making Instagram Reels Post work through google drive videos? I am getting this error anytime I try to upload from a google drive link:

1 Like

Hello @Zohan_Khan welcome to the community :wave:

Just stepping in to share a friendly piece of advice.

In the community, it’s generally more effective to start a fresh topic for each new question rather than commenting on older threads. When you initiate a new conversation, you’re more likely to catch the community’s attention and receive the help you need.

Thanks for helping to keep the community organized and making it easier for everyone to share and find the information they need. :pray:

1 Like

Noted! Going to go ahead and do that