Instagram /linkedin not posting from airtable

Automation is supposed to make life easier but I constantly end up spending my entire day troubleshoot these things rather than them working for me.

I am trying to post a reel post to instagram and linkedin but I am getting hit with this error. Everything is mapped correctly to my knowledge. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

you need to get the file first using an HTTP Get a File module. Then you map the output of that module in the File parameter in LinkedIn.

2 Likes

Makes sense is there a youtube video that shows how to do this?

Here is one of my flows:

The image in my case is a ClickUp task attachment and I pass the URL to the HTTP Get a File module → then pass the output of that module to LinkedIn.

2 Likes

Thank Stoyan, can you show me the set up for the HTTP. This is how I’m trying to set mine up but it doesn’t work.

@Stoyan_Vatov Would you be able to help me out please

Looks like there is no url coming in. Can you check it manually and see if it works?

2 Likes

This is where I get lost. Where would I be able to check it manually?

If you’re available or offer services where we can share screens I’m happy to do that. I know this takes about 10 min once I’m on a call with someone.

Check the incoming bundle to see if a url is coming. If it is → you can copy it and paste it in your browser to see if it will be resolved.

2 Likes

You mean this bundle? Sry I’m not all familiar with the correct terms. Screenshots always work better as I’m new here.

I see a URL availabile in Airtable and a url the pulls through for the http.

I copy and pasted the URL and this is the error I am getting

Looks like the URL in Airtable points to content that is no longer available, or a non-public URL that needs to have the sharing permissions set to public.

Try clicking on the support center link shown in your first screenshot for more information.

2 Likes

appreciate everyone’s help here. i solved it. Hired someone on FIVER>

Here’s the tea:

1. Need to be on a pro plan.
  2. Need to add a filter . Basic operator exists and then add > media URL in
  3. Click save and then run it.

Now I am encountering a new problem.

I run it but it only sends the video to my linkedin and not all of the other platforms.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 10.50.48 PM

2 Likes

Hey there @Ryan_O_shaughnessy :wave:

Great to hear that you’ve solved your problem with @Stoyan_Vatov’s and @samliew’s help!

Also thanks a lot for updating us on the issue!

1 Like