Intercom "Make an API Call" not working

Hi! I’m working on scenario where I take data from a webflow form, and I want to create a new contact in Intercom using that data form Webflow.

I do have about 60 custom attributes created in Intercom, out of which only about 30 are accessible from the “Create a Contact” pre-set module. The ones I need aren’t there, so I’m trying to do the whole thing (creating a new Contact) using “Make an API call” module instead.

I used Intercom’s documentation, but still getting 400 error. I can’t figure out what’s wrong with my request.

Here’s how my Intercom module looks like:

Here’s the screenshot from the Intercom documentation, and a link to it:

It copy-pasted everything 1:1 but for some reason it still doesn’t work. The custom attributes aren’t even in the request body yet. Here’s screenshot of make’s error:

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Hi @Radka_Olejnakova

Please remove “JSON.stringify” from the Body field. You should only pass JSON in the Body field.

If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Mohamed Jahar

1 Like

Hey @Mohamed_Jahar , thank you for your swift response.

I did try to not include the “JSON.stringify” even before posting to the forum, unfortunately it made no difference. I’m still getting the same error:

hey @Radka_Olejnakova

I just happen to be doing a similar scenario with Intercom today — went through a test and all’s good.

You need to make sure that your payload is valid JSON, which means using double ", instead of single'

As a non-dev, I usually use JSfiddle to make sure my payloads have the correct syntax — it will callout what needs to be fixed (as in the screenshot below)

Hope that helps! :v:

p.s. I found this thread when I was also looking for a solution for the 400 error with the ‘Make an API call’ Intercom module.
My error was due to a different reason — I was sending an array instead of a collection, because I had taken the payload from the ‘Create a Contact’ Intercom module as an example to build my own payload for the API call one.
So, take heed! If you make shortcuts like this, doublecheck the expected data structure
:slight_smile: