Is there a way to rerun a previous execution?

Hi Make community,

There are many times where it would be useful for me to rerun a previous execution, sometimes for testing purposes, sometimes because errors invalidated the scenario. Is there any way to do this.

If not, can I suggest a feature to be able to go through the scenario execution history and have an option that will run the scenario with the same trigger information. It would make much easier to test the scenario instead of resetting the data source every time.

If there is another way to do this, any suggestions or workarounds are appreciated.

There is not an official way for this right now @Joe_Sasson , but you can save the JSON of the first module (trigger) to later send this again if you are using a webhook.
Otherwise you will have to think of some logic which does the same thing for modules which are not webhooks.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bjorn.drivn. I wonder if this would be a good feature request, as it can be very useful when running tests with set conditions. Like for example, if I want to test the scenario with a certain email trigger, I need to mark the email unread, then set the trigger to start from a previous point. I think it would be great to just have an option to run the trigger with data from a previous run. Would make testing and development much easier.

Heya @Joe_Sasson welcome to the community :wave:

I just wanted to step in and let you know that you can log your suggestion over here in our Idea Exchange. If you do so, you can then follow the progress of your idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Michaela It looks like this is already on the list (https://www.make.com/en/platform-ideas/p/scenario-ability-to-re-run-historical-instances) with significant support (Over 550 votes)

I hope this is something that is being considered/planned/developed soon, as it would make it so much easier to work with this platform.

1 Like