Issue with watch deals module from Pipedrive > empty output

Hi makers,

I have created a scenario, to automatically attribute deals among the sales team in Pipedrive. My first module is a “watch deals” (updated object) which is supposed to come up with all the deals that are in a specific Pipedrive filter that I have created named : “Rotten deals in “En attente”+ pptaire nvlles offres”

But when I run the scenario in Make, the output comes back empty :

Even though, when I use the filter in Pipedrive I do see deals that respects the filter’s conditions :

I have 3 other similar scenarios that are configured the same way and work properly, so I don’t know why this one doesn’t.

Could you please help me understand why the data is not coming back in make ? And how to fix it ?

Thanks,
Laura

Hey Laura.

The Watch Deals module is a polling trigger. That means that it’s looking only for new Deals since the last time that this trigger ran.

When you use the filter in Pipedrive, you’re running it against all the Deals in your entire Pipedrive instance, no matter when they were created.

You can change where a Make polling trigger starts from - in Make, this is known as the “epoch”. You can set this by right-clicking on the trigger and selecting “Choose where to start”. On of the options in there is “All” - which should give the same results as when you run the filter in Pipedrive. Be sure to set it back to “From now on” when you’re done.

You can read more in the help here.

3 Likes

Hello @Laura ,

If the filter is correct you should check if the new deal has already been processed and when you run it again no more information came.
Click right-clicking on the module and the Choose where to start option and manually search if there are processed deals.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.
//VLAD

3 Likes

Thank you @DavidGurr_Make.
Yes it makes sense, yet a bit surprising since I didn’t do the “choose where to start” for other similar scenario starting with the same module using similar filters, yet they did proceed the data/deals.

I had to attribute the deals by hand, but I did do the modification and will see if it runs properly tomorrow.

Thanks again for the response and reactivity.

Thanks @Wemakefuture will do and update if it proceeds properly tomorrow.

Hi and thanks again for your help.
So it ends up, that the issue wasn’t coming from the fact that “watch deals” is a polling trigger. But I cloned the scenario and in this one, I forgot to change the stage that matches the pipedrive filter.

Have a good day !
Laura

3 Likes

Heya @Laura :wave:

I just want to quickly say congrats on finding your way around this one :clap:

Thanks a lot for taking a moment to circle back and share what did the trick :pray:

FYI: I’m marking your last comment as a solution to make it easier for others to locate the answer. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes