Jotform to Monday Date issue

Hello!

Just a quick question about importing dates from Jotform submissions into Monday new item.
I tried changing the date column on monday to text, and below is what I finally got without any errors, however it is not posting it on monday.

Here is also what the output looks like from Jotform for Due date.

I have no preference of how the due date appears on monday I just want it to display from submission.

Thank you in advance!!!

@SoundTools

If the issue is that you want a date column, this should do it:
{{parseDate(11.Request:DueDate:Day + "-" + 11.Request:DueDate:Month + "-" + 11.Request:DueDate:Year; "DD-MM-YYYY")}}

If you are not getting ANYTHING output to the Due Date column as a text column, the references from the Jotform module are incorrect. To share more on that, click into the value field for Due Date, and share the screen that pops up.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “Great Things About Frogs”)

1 Like

That worked! Now it runs as long as all dates are filled out. However, if one is missing in the jotform it stops at the create item. Do I need to add a filter to allow it to continue even if one of the dates is not filled out in jotform? Many times these will not always be filled out. It’s weird because it only happens on the date columns. If I ignore text columns no issues!!!

@SoundTools

It depends on what you want. You could add a filter to skip those with no date. Or, if you want to add it without a date, try something lik this for the date column value:
{{if(length(11.Request:DueDate:Day) > 0; parseDate(11.Request:DueDate:Day + "-" + 11.Request:DueDate:Month + "-" + 11.Request:DueDate:Year; "DD-MM-YYYY"); emptystring)}}

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “Daisies or Roses?”)

HI Jim,
Okay so I tried that for all three of the dates. and when I run it it does not work. This is the error it gives me:

Also what is strange is it changes after I run it to look like this but I entered what you wrote above? This is what the monday fill in looks like

There are three date columns, Due date, Recieve by and ship by. I want to make it so that if one is not filled out it will ignore and continue and just leave that column blank on monday. But also if all are filled out they will still appear.

Thank you for the help in advance!!!

@SoundTools

remove the {{ & }}

Hi Jim,

Do you mean remove the {{ and begininng and end }} or what do you mean by &?

I removed those still had an error.

@SoundTools

Copy and paste this (don’t retype):
{{if(length(11.Request:DueDate:Day) > 0; parseDate(11.Request:DueDate:Day + "-" + 11.Request:DueDate:Month + "-" + 11.Request:DueDate:Year; "DD-MM-YYYY"); emptystring)}}

It should end up looking something like this:

1 Like

Thank Jim, did that no errors. However I tried running one with due date filled and it did not populate on Monday board.

Just wanted to say I finally got it working!! Thank you!!

Solution for future people with this issue. I made sure all my Monday date columns were dates NOT text. Then in the value, it should look something like this. Now when I fill out the date, or don’t it still passes through!

2 Likes