Links in HTTP get file module error (Invalid URL in parameter ‘url’)

Hello all, i alawys encounter this weird error with the HTTP get a file module basically, when I entering a dynamic URL from the previous module, I encounter an error so the previous module here is from a webhook from click up triggered when I change the status and I should have a link from that webhook I get the link in a text format and I can access it if I copy and paste it in the browser I can download the file with no problems, but if I entered as a dynamic variable in the next module, which is the HTTP get a file, I always encounter the involved URL and parameter URL as a workaround I did the following

This workaround allows me to access the JSON array data from the webhook, the weird thing here if I used that variable in the image above in the next module, the HTTP get a file, the automation works flawlessly, but if I took the variable from the web hook (I implemented the URL in the web hook itself as a parameter) and if I use that perimeter in the URL, I always get the error

i need to get the file from the webhook paramater, which is = names, insted of the webhook Json array (they are the same, but always the JSON array IDs are missed up because of clickup)

Welcome to the Make community!

Please provide the output bundles of the Webhook module by running the scenario (or view from scenario history), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

unfortantely the module get a file is no so when I click on download Apple bundles, there is zero bites of data

What are encountered here if I manually copy and paste the URL in the get a file module it works fine, and if I took it from the web hook custom fields, which is an a JSON, array, and indeed, in a variable and access it in the file module. It works fine as well, but if I took the euro variable itself from the web hook, it won’t work.

I’m not asking for other modules, just need [6] – your trigger module.

hello, i can’t provide the full bundle, it’s sensitive, even if i add a dummy data some of the data are not allowed to be shared

i will explain the question in another way

if i manually added the url “copy and paste” the module get a file works

but i want to get the url dynamically for this to be successful, so the webhook have the same URL, exact url, but one is within a JSON array and the other is in the webhook itself

i can’t rely on the one in the JSON array because the array ID changes a lot (this is due to clickup custom fields), if i access it and put in the module get a file it works fine

if i get it from the webhook parameter directly it worn’t work at all, notic that its the same data, same url no changes at all, i came across that i need to ad www. after https, but this useless since the erl from the json array doens’t have www and it works

if you need more information please let me know

1 Like