Make / Twitter authorization is down

Thank you for the swift response. The posts you shared are related to 2 specific v1.1 endpoints

• statuses/sample
  • statuses/filter

Our app is not using any of those affected endpoints, that’s why we didn’t expect any effect on our app.

2 Likes

We’ll have to agree to differ on that… ( Advanced search parameters use the filter for example).

The clear message from Twitter over the past 12 months has been that devs should migrate to v2 “as default”. You’re not seriously claiming you missed that message?

Regardless, Twitter has suspended your app because it’s likely sending hundreds of thousands of API requests in a short space of time all for deprecated functions.

From my experience, Twitter isn’t likely to respond to you or allow an appeal for that. I doubt they are responding to much at all related to v1.1.

So the only solution will be a v2 API app which will require an approval process from Twitter. And that could (and should) have been anticipated up to 12 months ago.

Bear in mind, if you’re going to expect your customers to rewrite or tweak all their Twitter scenarios, some competitor solutions might be more appealing. That would be a great shame. I hope you use this opportunity to reassure your user base. Similarly, if you’re moving to v2 API, your costs will be different to those incurred for Premium v1.1. You need to be upfront if you’re planning to pass these costs onto your customers. Do bear in mind, you’ve already made Twitter a “Premium” app in the near past. This is an opportunity to clearly state your roadmap to resolve this and reassure your customers who use Make for Twitter tasks.

Blaming this on Twitter for not responding to you (when Twitter are not going to respond in a case like this) isn’t going to fly - especially when all the other similar automation services (I won’t name them here) are already using v2 and are not affected. It also won’t endear you to Twitter’s API team.

I’m sure you are all working hard towards a solution, but this could have been handled much better. This complete break in Make/Twitter functionality is going to be devasting for a lot of longstanding Make/Integromat customers.

Humility and honesty will go a long way here, and transparency is always the best policy with paying customers.

9 Likes

-_- unbelievable. Twitter is already getting worse by the minute. I would hope this is going to get resolved soon.

Well if you do create a new Twitter app for Make that will accompany v2 of the API, I really hope you’ll add the ablity to add “reply to status ID” as well as a separate upload media so I don’t have to use Chunked upload every time.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/twitterdev/status/1643366600710684672?s=61&t=TWN9j17n8uOQqqMN_X-6Rw

Now it wants you to reapply so I hope your app gets re-applied soon

5 Likes

Ayy… same issue here. And I blamed it on Twitter… That’s the only reason I have a Make subscription - to run a Twitter bot

6 Likes

…Do you need a hug…?

I’m sure Make is doing the best they can. Twitter’s business if out of their control and everyone should be thankful they are here commenting on the issue in the first place to keep everyone updated. That’s already going above and beyond.

Calm Down Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

any update from make?

1 Like

Update please. Many of us rely on Twitter automation

2 Likes

An update would be appreciated. You are losing credibility here; your main competitors don’t have the issue.

3 Likes

Any update, please?

1 Like

Call me insane, but I don’t think adding more comments will make their developers work any faster. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

True, but radio silence won’t make customers happy either.

3 Likes

i receive message from make :slight_smile:
Hi there!

We would like to notify you of an ongoing issue with Twitter that we have observed in the past two days.

Unfortunately, our Twitter app remains suspended by Twitter, and we have not received any information from them that would help us understand why it happened and how to fix the app.

To address this situation, we implemented changes to how users can create a connection to Twitter in the Twitter app. From now on, every user will need to obtain their own credentials (API Key and API Key Secret) and use them to create a connection. Please see below for instructions on how to set up your own Twitter app on developer.twitter.com.

Please refer to the instructions provided in our documentation: https://www.make.com/en/help/apps/marketing/twitter#obtaining-api-key-and-api-key-secret-values-for-your-twitter-account

Once a connection has been established, users must ensure that they update their Twitter modules in their scenarios by switching to the new connection. This will resolve any issues with the scenarios, which can then be rescheduled or rerun.

Thank you for your cooperation.

1 Like

That worked, thanks!

1 Like

Anyone else getting Error 403?

“You currently have Essential access which includes access to Twitter API v2 endpoints only. If you need access to this endpoint, you’ll need to apply for Elevated access via the Developer Portal. You can learn more here: Getting Started with the Twitter API | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform

Does that mean I have to pay for the basic access (USD 100/mo)?

1 Like

Seems so,

All v2 endpoints listed on the Twitter API endpoint mapping chart are available for Essential and Elevated access.

You would need an enterprise subscription to the Twitter API to get that workaround to work (pricing is $42,000 per month). Enterprise accounts are usually owned by big businesses and not the user. Buffer, Zapier, IFTTT, Publer, WordPress etc have all signed up for the Enterprise API and paid for it, which is why their users still have access and which is why their Twitter automations still work.

In contrast, Make has asked its users to pay for such an account with Twitter and quietly marked the issue “resolved”.

“Makes” the customer feel really valued … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Not so. The endpoints used by the Make module all require Elevated access and an Enterprise API subscription ($42,000 per month). The proof is in the testing error messages when you follow the tutorial.

1 Like

No (we tested with a basic subscription and it doesn’t work - same error message). It’s the Enterprise API subscription ($42,0000 per month) that’s needed for the elevated access to the endpoints used by the Make Twitter module.

1 Like

Lol, so no solution at all then. Which other providers are there that are similar to Make and that still work with Twitter Api? Does Zapier work?

1 Like

Zapier is working and that can replicate nearly all Make Twitter scenarios. Buffer is also working, so if you have a buffer account you can swap out Twitter modules for buffer modules for simple tweet sending or scheduling.

3 Likes