Mapping Google sheet name to a record in Airtable

Trying to map Google Sheets to add a new row in Airtable when a new record is added. How can I use the sheet name as a value in the new record? That is, I want all the new records created have the sheet name as a field in the new Airtable record created.

Apparently it wasn’t as easy as just adding the “Sheet” parameter to the desired field in Airtable, as it isn’t “a valid record ID”. (Everything else works just fine) Screenshots below hopefully illustrates the issue ↓

make-error-2

hi @Linus_Bostrom,

I really don’t know why this is happening as I am not frequently working with Airtable.
I’d try to remove the variable and insert some text to see if this error comes from the variable or not. Then maybe remove spaces. Another thought, maybe IDs need to be numbers? unique numbers?

Just trying to help here without knowing, so best of luck! :smiley: Maybe someone else knows for sure! :slight_smile:
Best,
Richard

1 Like

Thank you @Richard_Johannes for pointing me in the right direction!

The Airtable field on the receiving end was a “lookup field”. Changing the field type (format) to “text” allowed for the Google Sheet text value to be correctly mapped.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the final solution! :slight_smile:

1 Like