Google spreadsheet to Airtable error

Hello everyone.
I made a scenario where information out of a google spreadsheet needs to be imported into airtable, but I get an error code. (see images)

See blueprint:
blueprint (2).json (22.8 KB)

Please help.

Hi share your airtable fields please. But, it looks like product_id is your issue as it is a mappable field meaning it is some sort of dropdown field in airtable. So it the value you are trying to create doesn’t exist you will get an error. Try changing that field to a text field and see if that solves your issue.

1 Like

Hereby the airtable fields.

Also the productID (1505) that is taken from google spreadsheet into airtable also exists in airtable as a dropdown, so normally it should work.

Ok, I see the issue now. You can’t directly input “1505” into the “Link to another record” field in Airtable. Before you can link to another record, you need to find and use the Record ID associated with that product_id from the table you’re linking to.

To do this, use the “Search Records” module to find the record in the target table. Use the formula {Product_ID} = 'product_id from Google Sheets', replacing Product_ID with the name of the column where this value is located in the target table. Then using map you can just insert the id of the record you find when searching.

It should look like below when you are done. But instead of upset you are using create it is just a demo. (buildings is your product_id)

@Mr.Make

I have added what you said, however I cannot find {Product_ID} in the list when filling in the formula as you can see in the screenshots below.

You need to search the table you are using as this link to another record.

Then the formula needs to be {columnname} = ‘ProductID’

You then use this Id in the field like shown above.

@Mr.Make

Like this? I still get error code saying “The operation failed with an error. [422] The formula for filtering records is invalid: Unknown field names: product_id”

blueprint (4).json (27.0 KB)

you need to put the productId in ’ ’

So it looks like ‘ProductID (A)’

You field name in { } needs to be exactly the same as in your table that you are GETTING THE ID FROM NOT THE TABLE YOU ARE LINKING TO. Using caps to make sure you are doing that or it will not work.

@Mr.Make
Thanks it works, however only for certain product ID’s and not for all product ID’s while I double checked if the productID’s exist in the producttable and it does, but still it does not work for all products. Do you maybe know why? It the cases where it does not take the productID, it still creates and orderline but without the productID and just the number of items.

hereby the blueprint and a screenshot showing some orderlines where the productID is empty.:

blueprint (5).json (25.3 KB)

the blueprint won’t help me much. Make sure there is no spaces or value that could mess up the search in your airtable or google sheets.

Since it is working now that will be why something is wrong.