Maybe problem with Pattern for Text Parser – Empty Output

Hey.

I’m starting with Make.com.

I created a scenario based on the template “Post directly on social media from a blog using ChatGPT”.

I am using a text parser with pattern:

(?<=Tweet:)[\s\S]?(?=LinkedIn Post)|(?<=LinkedIn Post:)[\s\S]?(?=Facebook Post)|(?<=Facebook Post:)[\s\S]*

The problem is that my input data is mapped correctly, but the output is completely empty.

So it’s then not passed on in the script.

Do you know where the problem could be?

Thanks,

Karel

Hi @Micos_Telcom and welcome,

Could you add an example of your input data and the corresponding expected result?
Without that, it is like finding a needle in a haystack.

BR,

PBI

2 Likes

Hi @Philippe_Billet ,

many thanks for your reply.

I am sending 2 screens.

The first one is from the previous step - chatGPT.

The second one is from the Text Parser.

Karel

When reaching out for assistance with your regex pattern for a Text Parser module, it would be super helpful if you could share the actual text you’re trying to match. Screenshots of text can be a bit tricky, so if you could copy and paste the text directly here, that would be awesome! It ensures we can run it against test patterns effectively. If there’s any sensitive info, feel free to change it to something fictional yet still valid by keeping the format intact.

Providing clear text examples saves time on both ends and helps us give you the best possible solution. Without proper examples, we might end up playing a guessing game, and nobody wants that as it is a waste of time! You are more likely to get a correct answer faster. So, help us help you by sharing those text snippets. Thanks a bunch!

3 Likes

Thanks. Ok.

At the beginning there is this text:

In spring we have a few interesting trade fairs, where we would like to present all our new products, meet our partners and look for new interesting partnerships.

So take a look at where you can meet us.

Fiberdays in Wiesbaden (Germany)

27–28 February 2024

Our Booth: H4, Halle Nord

Official Websites: www.fiberdays.de/

FTTH Conference in Berlin (Germany)

20–21 March 2024

Our Booth: G07

Official Websites: ftthconference.eu/

AOTEC in Bilbao (Spain)

9–10 May 2024

Our Booth: S37

Official Websites: feria.aotec.es/

ANGA COM in Cologne (Germany)

14–16 May 2024

Our Booth: D70, Hall 8

Official Websites: angacom.de/

Hi @Micos_Telcom

In the given example from chat gpt i could see that the regex is not suitable.

(?<=Tweet:)[\s\S]*?(?=LinkedIn Post)|(?<=LinkedIn Post:)[\s\S]* ?(?=Facebook Post)|(?<=Facebook Post:)[\s\S]*

GPT out include Linkedin: but in pattern searching for LinkedIn Post:

In case of Twitter: missing the regex separation

So please make suitable regex for the data from GPT.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

This doesn’t look somewhat related to the regex pattern you provided? Your regex will not match this.

2 Likes