Microsoft 365 Email Watch limit

I built a scenario that works fine, except for the Watch step, which seems to be throttled. I run it once it works, then tweak the outputs, rerun it, and it dies at the first step where the input is null. I leave it for a bit and come back, and it works again, and so on.

The question is, is there a limit and what is that limit, or is it something else…

Here is the setup:

Welcome to the Make community!

This is because the module is a POLLING trigger, and not an INSTANT (Webhook) trigger.

There are two main types of triggers, Polling (scheduled), and Instant (webhooks). Polling triggers can only run on a schedule. Instant triggers can be run as soon as data is received by the webhook.

Polling means Make checks external service for changes (pull changes to Make).
Webhook (instant) triggers means external service calls Make when there are new changes (push changes to Make).

The module you are using does not push changes — it’s basically a API request that Make has to occasionally “call” to fetch the latest changes/items.

To find out more on the different types of Trigger modules, see refer to Types of Modules and Webhooks sections of the Make help center.

So it doesn’t “die”, there are just no new results returned.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation!

1 Like

If you don’t need it to make the “check run” so frequently (i.e.: you only receive a handful of emails a day), you could get away with setting the schedule to “Daily” or hourly between working hours. This will help you save more operations.

Most of the time, the default schedule of 15 minutes is likely not the best; it is important to consider the right schedule/duration for the scenario’s purposes.

2 Likes