Microsoft Teams - Searching and Messaging an individual User

I’m using the Microsoft Teams → Search option to find a user, then send them a message using Microsoft Teams → Send Message (one-on-one).

What data do I use from the bundle to send the message?

This is exactly my issue: Send a Message in Teams Group Chat Error

Thanks,
Chris

May peace be upon you @Chris_Kaleiki

Can you share the screenshot of the configuration of the Search Module and the Send Message module?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Make community!

To know what data to use, we’ll need screenshots of your “Send Message” module settings, and the output bundles of previous modules.

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, but I went ahead and used this solution in the other thread:

{{add(emptyarray; “https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/644ecb62-b3f5-4e49-82da-asd”; “https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/028315b5-ba28-4b7e-b599asd”)}}

And that worked. Would be nice if you could search using Microsoft Teams users, then easily plug that result/output into a Microsoft Teams message module.

1 Like

Hey there @Chris_Kaleiki :wave:

Thank you very much for sharing the link to the solution that worked for you here. This way we keep our community neat and tidy for others and ourselves. :pray:

FYI: I marked your comment as a solution

1 Like