Monday.com - Slack notifications

Hello everyone,

I’m brand new to Make, so I have no experience with the tool.

I am looking for help to create an automation between monday.com and slack since this automation does not exist/is not possible directly from monday.com.

My objective :

Have a slack notification when in a monday.com board, a group reaches the remaining number of 9 items. The notification should contain this information: Name of the board + Name of the group.

What I have already tried:

I don’t know what is the right action to choose in the monday.com module for my automation. I tried with the following actions:

• List board’s groups
  • List group’s items
    But neither suits my purpose.

I don’t know if this automation is possible. I am grateful for any help given.

Thank you all.

Hi,

You should use the watch events module with the list group’s items and have a filter after the list groups if the total number of bundles = 9 create a Slack notification.

You will need to trigger the watch events every time an item is created on the board.

See screenshots below of what your make scenario should look like

List group module

Filter

Hope this helps

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

This scenario works but not in the way I need.

I would like to be able to be notified by a notification / slack message as soon as a group has less than 10 items remaining, to be notified when I need to create more.

Here my actual workflow in details :

1. I create a group + 100 items
  2. Users move the number of items needed to another boards
  3. I add/create +100 items as soon as a group has less than 10 items remaining

Steps 2 and 3 are done daily.

Ideally I want to have a single automation per board that allows me to list groups with less than 10 items and get a slack message.