Newb date filter question

Hi,

We use shopify with an add on to let customers selected desired by date. That field is not available in the API but the developer puts it in as a tag on the order record.
When that field makes it to Make, it looks something like: “03/30/2024, Local pickup, p, rtl” (without the quotes)
I’d like to filter all orders where the date is either tomorrow or today based on the date in that string. That tells us we need to purchase fresh strawberries for chocolate dipped strawberries (we are a chocolate shop and need to buy and dip fruit quickly due to spoilage)

That will eventually go to a Ringcentral text notification so that our staff is reminded to make sure someone buys them for the order.

Thoughts on the syntax? I was able to use chat-gpt to give me a formula for excel to extract the date (no matter where it is in the string), but it doesn’t do that for Make. FYI, The date is always the first position in the string as far as I can tell fortunately.

Hello,

if the format is always the same - you can use this regular expression to get the date:

(\d{2}\/\d{2}\/\d{4})

Or this formula:

{{get(split(<<map your input here>>; ","); 1)}}

2 Likes

Thanks, so what would the overall filter look like if I wanted to check for that date being today or tomorrow?

Thanks!

Something like this:

Replace 2.test with your specific input and it should work.

3 Likes