Notion relation fields

I am creating two new database items from a typeform form to different databases in Notion.

One item creates a new customer, the second creates a record of the company in which he works.

In Nation, there is a dependent field in the database with clients from the database with companies.

After the client’s company record is created, how can the company name from another table be written to the customer database?

I have the following error:

The operation failed with an error. [400] body failed validation: body.properties.Company.relation[0].id should be a valid uuid, instead was “Fisher2”.

Can you take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your make scenario for me, along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here?

I don’t understand how you can fill in the value of a field that has a link to a record in another Notion database.

Hey, @Customapp Did you solve this?
I´m Having the same issue.

I’m creating a new company record in Notion from HubSpot and want to create a linked Deal record simultaneously in a different table. but I keep getting the next legend:

"[400] body failed validation: body.properties.:pen: Contratos.relation[0].id should be a valid uuid, instead was " *deal name* ".

Hey @alex.newpath do you know how this can be addressed? Experiencing the same issue.

Hi, to add a relation to a Notion database, you’d need to map the ID of the Notion page (not the page name) in Make. Let me know if you need further explanation and I am happy to record video/provide screenshots.

And Alex, if you have additional points of view, feel free to jump in - the question was originally addressed to you and I don’t intend to “steal” your expertise here

1 Like

@Simo This is really helpful. I’ve also been watching your Youtube videos which have been great.

Do you do one-on-one consulting? I have a few other questions for you I’d love to get your feedback on.

For example, I’m trying to have Make.com look at a database to see if a contact exists before creating a new one from a survey form. However, it’s creating multiple copies of the new contact entry if they don’t exist.

1 Like

Thank you, @Garrett_Clawson - and yes, I do one-on-one consulting (feel free to contact me directly here.

As for the contact, it would be helpful to know what search criteria you are using in the “Search Objects” module; and you may want to use the filter “Page ID” “does not exist”, instead of the one you are using now (in the screenshot)

1 Like

By all means steal away. I’m no expert in Notion at all.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Adding additional relation items to a Notion database relation property while preserving existing relations