Notion search always fails when searching based on a URL property

Hi everyone,

I need to synchronise some data from HubSpot CRM to Notion. Basically, on some updates in Hubspot deals, I want to create a Notion database item.
However, I want to create only if the item does not already exist.
I do store the Hubspot deal URL as a Notion DB property, so I use it as the search property.

However, even if an item with a matching URL already exists in the Notion database, a new item gets created as the Search fails, and does not find the item.

Here a screenshot of my Notion search module configuration. Any idea?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Did you try without the quotation marks in “Record ID”? I did some tests, and for me not using quotation marks worked well.
In case the Hubspot Record ID is of number type, you may use the “toString” Make function

2 Likes

Hi @Simo,

Indeed the record ID is a number. When I remove the quotes, I get a 400 error Notion side.
I tried the toString, and got the same result as with the quotes. Not sure what is happening…

Will retest again completely, to try to figure this out. Really frustrating. Started on Make not to write a script, but I would have been much faster in the end…

Hi @AlexMartin,

You said that the field you want to filter is numeric, maybe you use a numeric filter:

Could you also give an example of your data?

PBI

2 Likes

Found why it was not working for me and it worked for you @Simo …

The quotes do not work.
I was using Make on Safari Browser. The click on toString function did not work (clicks on anything in Make on Safari work erratically) so I typed toString() with the keyboard which is not interpreted by Make as a function… But as a string.
I switched to Firefox, clicked on toString, and then it worked…

So I guess I will stop using Make with Safari.

Thanks everyone for your help.

4 Likes

Hi @AlexMartin welcome to the Make Community :wave:

I just wanted to quickly say congrats on figuring out the root cause of this :clap:

Also, thank you very much for stepping back in here and letting us know your findings and your final solution. This is super valuable and could be incredibly helpful for many others searching for similar information :pray:

1 Like